Shipped this week
Everything that I've shipped (aka created) since the last edition.
My wife and I had been wanting to travel to the south of Spain for a long time. As expats in the UK, we needed a Schengen visa to make it happen. Unfortunately, the visa application process was extremely stressful, and it took us 3+ months to get an appointment.
Thankfully, we finally got the appointment just in time for our trip to Granada and Marabella. However, the stress did not end there.
When we arrived at the airport 3.5 hour searly, the check-in staff told us that we were on standby and would know if we would make it onto the plane only at the last minute.
After nervously waiting for 2+ hours, we were finally allowed to board the flight, but we were the last ones to do so.
It was all worth it. The trip was absolutely fantastic! We spent an incredible week and got our fill of sun, sand, and sangria ☀️
I loved the stunning view of Granada from the top of the Alhambra fortress. Here's a picture.
Now moving on -- here is what I've shipped over the last few weeks
I use mental models to increase the quality of my decision-making. It takes time to find the right ones and to learn how to use them effectively. And I've been able to do that in a few cases: Prioritisation, Ideating, Alignment.
Product Vision, Strategy, Roadmap, Goals
It's about time all product managers know the difference in product vision, strategy, roadmap, and goals.
Most product teams complicate the simple process of creating a roadmap.
We, PMs, can create ideas. Or we can create good ideas.
This section includes idea(s) that I'm reading and researching about this week
Over the last few weeks, I've started thinking, reading, learning, and writing about too many topics.
Listing them here.
- Engineering estimates vs actuals
- Business sense -- what does it mean and why is it so important
- First principle thinking -- how can PMs use it to make better decisions
- User stories -- what are they, how to write them
- How can PMs stay up to date with the latest
Let me know what you want me to write on next.
This section includes multiple ideas that are interesting but haven't made the cut yet.
- I still haven't gotten back to the series on "Creating Impact." I might move it even lower on the backlog for now.
- I've been thinking about the fact that 75% of what we do is more or less BS. BS that is created by the company, leadership, managers. And add less to no value in the real outcomes.
- I have done a lot of talks and webinars on Analytics and metrics, but haven't written a detailed guide on the topic. And this topic is really close to my heart given my current role.
How I can help you become better:
- Communication Toolkit - get access to 20 templates that will 10x your communication with zero effort. (Get 30% OFF)
- Promote your business: to 7000+ product managers across the world by sponsoring this newsletter.
- Personalised mentoring: 1:1 mentoring to help you identify your strengths and opportunities. And work with you to make you a great product manager