Don't know how to improve your communication?
Here are 13 steps of effective communication
1. Explain a complex topic to a kid
2. Explain a complex topic in a Tweet
3. Explain a complex topic in 1 paragraph
4. Write one paragraph explaining your job
5. Rewrite a recent email, reduce it's length by 50%
6. Rewrite a recent email, remove jargon, ambiguous words
7. In 100 words, summarize what ChatGPT does and how
8. Explain Google Drive to your grandparent in <5 mins
9. Share learnings from a YT Video in a LinkedIn post
10. Explain Google Drive to a 10 year old in <5 mins
11. In 7 slides, present your product/startup idea
12. Compare two different common thoughts
13. Share 10 life learnings in a LinkedIn post
Challenging yourself to communicate briefly, concisely, and tweaking the same message for different audiences is a good way to learn effective communication.
Bookmark this post and practice at least 2 of the above every day.
Let me know how it goes. And share other ideas to learn better communication